Monday, June 09, 2008

Wow, the comment discussion really took off last post! I see both sides (even though you guys weren't really arguing, just discussing mostly) and I think maybe I didn't explain very well in my post...
Maybe I did read a little too much into the friendship between those two people, but I don't think so. What I saw was a young, pretty, Christian girl who met a young, handsome, unaved guy for lunch. It could've been innocent. But even so, "The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked; Who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9) When you put yourself in that kind of position with a nonbeliever, it is very close to the edge.

So today I did a little work around the house...I guess it's too early to have much to say. Yesterday was a nice day, but I didn't get to spend much time outside. Not that church is a bummer!!! I had chili cheese fries from Carl's Jr. for lunch AND dinner by my own choice. I love that stuff!!
I'm rather disappointed because I wanted Lily to make applesauce cookies and she won't. I told her that nobody else will make cookies for the barbecue on Saturday, so she should. She wouldn't listen (as usual). WAAAH so I throw a fit.
I don't think I'm going to get to see Indy in theaters...Daddy keeps making plans on the days I want him to take me. Oh, well, DVDs aren't so bad.
Mommy's at the foot doctor. She really didn't want to go, but Dad, Lily, and I were insistent. I mean, she's been having pain in her foot for like a year! Time to see what's up with that.
I want some really rich ice cream, a Super Pretzel, a romantic comedy I've never seen before (preferably starring George, Johnny, or Will), and some money.
I should try to think of something to get Dad for Father's Day. Is it weird to ask someone what they want? Because he already told me what he wants, but I can't get that for him (it's $800)
I wrote a couple limericks this week. Remind me to post them sometime.
You know what would be fun? Ice skating! Anybody into doing that sometime soon?

Ok well this has been a nice little diversion for me, and a waste of your time. Shame on you! You could've been doing something productive! ;)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:27 PM PDT , Blogger Jeff said...

How do you memorize all these verses and seem to quote them instantly! I wish I could do that. Yea after hearing Caleb's side, I kinda saw the opposite from the point I was trying to make, but ultimately I agree with what you said about it too Emily. Well, and the verse you cited. You should get your dad some bullets for Father's Day so he can go shooting more. Bah I don't have any real ideas tho, otherwise I'd share.

I really like ice skating!! I'm not good at it, but I've been a few times. I would totally go :D There's a few places around here we could all go to.

 
At 6:20 PM PDT , Blogger emily...♫ said...

I wish I was cool enough to quote them instantly. I usually have to look up the verse to find the exact wording; I only know the basic ideas. If you know what verse you're looking for, but can't get it exactly right from memory, go to www.biblegateway.com and keyword search what you do know. It's very helpful. That's what I do.
I am awful at ice skating too, but it's fun and easier than roller skating.

 
At 3:32 PM PDT , Blogger Caleb said...

I'd go ice skating with you, though it'd be a little long of a drive. I'm not bad at ice skating, but also am not really good. I like seeing how fast I can take corners before I wipe out.

And with the Bible verses, Emily's always had her own version in her head.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home