Friday, March 02, 2007

Um...

I knew this would happen someday. I posted, and got no responses whatsoever. I'm not annoyed; I'm actually surprised that my blog lasted this long without losing interest. So I don't really care who reads this or who doesn't.

My sister's been catching every cold that comes around, so my mom took her to the doctor today. It turns out that the problem might be this swollen little bump on the back of her head. I'm actually not sure what the deal is, but just be praying, okay? She had blood drawn today, but idk when we'll get the results back. I'm sure she's fine...but I'm just a little bit worried.

I had to miss Bible study on Wednesday because of the chance of freezing rain. As if. It was totally fine all evening, and instead of listening to Pastor Chuck and hanging out with my friends, I stayed home and watched Open Season. It was...okay, I guess. I mean, the characters (especially Ashton Kutcher's deer Elliot) were hilarious, but there wasn't really a good story to follow, just a bunch of random stuff stuck together. And a little too much gross-out humor. Do I really want to see someone hock a loogie onto their hand (er, hoof) and then see it drip off? But the magical elf song was so funny, my dad rewound that part so we could watch it twice! lol

I've never ever watched American Idol, but just a couple days ago, my dad turned it on and we watched it. I'm hooked!!! We watched it again last night, and now I think I'm turning into an Idol groupie. Blake is so cute! I'll beg my daddy to let us watch it again tonight, as long as there's not too much close-up of the girls when they sing. Some of them dress really inappropriately.

I reserved a Japanese cookbook at the library, but I don't get to pick it up there for a couple days. Sushi so AMAZING great!!! Everyone's always like, "Ew, you know that's raw fish, don't you?" The only people who are totally grossed out by sushi have never had it. It's so good, when it's done right. I wouldn't recommend nigiri to first-timers, with its weird texture, but anyone can appreciate a simple California roll.

Now I'm just stalling so I don't have to go memorize quizzing verses. I'll be so glad when this quiz year is over. It's too much trouble and work for so little result. Unless we can go to nationals...like that would ever happen. I've been quizzing for five years, and our church has never agreed to go to nationals with the others in our district because of the weak teaching and the immodest clothing of the girls there. But if this year turns out to be different...I'd better not get my hopes up, because even if Pastor Chuck gave the thumbs-up, it's still expensive to get there. But it would be nice to be able to say, "I quizzed for five years and in my final year I made it to nationals." Instead of what I'm probably going to end up saying: "I quizzed for five years...yeah. Um, I was okay at it." I'm sick of being mediocre at everything I do. I'm a mediocre writer, I'm a mediocre artist, I'm a mediocre pianist (check that, I'm a horrible pianist). I don't have to be a mediocre quizzer. I can be somebody for once.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 10:04 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah the shoes and art on them are mine. glad you like them! thanks for stopping by!

 
At 6:40 PM PST , Blogger emily...♫ said...

Well I feel special. In my own little blogger world, hardly anyone outside of my tiny circle of net buddies ever comes here! I need to get out more...thanks Rachel for your comment!

 
At 10:46 AM PST , Blogger emily...♫ said...

I know, I know. That's what I would've said to my dad, but I knew it wouldn't have changed his mind.

 
At 7:55 AM PST , Blogger Beth said...

I haven't stopped, I just haven't had a lot of time to post or comment. :)

 
At 10:47 AM PST , Blogger emily...♫ said...

Busy is good. Very good. Wish I could say that I've been busy...but then I wouldn't be here telling you.

 
At 9:17 PM PST , Blogger emily...♫ said...

Lol I don't want to get rid of you! I like having somebody to talk to. For some reason my post of a pic of my kitty won't load. I'm totally inept when it comes to computers, so I'm not that surprised. Do you guys myspace? I'm not allowed to. That's probably smart, but it makes it hard to keep in contact with my friends that I don't see much.

 
At 12:38 PM PDT , Blogger emily...♫ said...

Because on Myspace, it's a lot easier for random whackos to find me and track me down. My profile would be a lot more public and accessible than on Blogger. And nobody really uses Blogger anymore anyways. And my dad is just really really really wary of anything like that. Did I ever tell you that he flipped when he found out that I made friends with Beth and you, simply because it was over the net? He was all, "What if they're not really teenagers, but actually stalkers???" I convinced him otherwise, lol. When you first started commenting on my blogs, I didn't know who you were, and I actually thought you might be some online predator! lol

 
At 10:14 AM PDT , Blogger emily...♫ said...

Yes, there are sickos out there. But if you have your profile as private, and only allow as friends people you actually know, then smart people will be safe.

I think that my dad was pretty smart not to let me on there a couple years ago, because I would've chatted it up with any wack job that came around, but I'm pretty cautious nowadays. lol, if I'd been as careful as I am now, I probably wouldn't have ever met you two!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home