Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Crying
by Emily

Life is but a dream, a dream
That passes in and out
Through waves of whisper and of scream
In its ship is tossed about.

Life is but to sleep, to sleep
And hope to one day wake
From never-ending wail and weep
Watching for dawn to break.

And in one one moment of blissful sun
Our Creator shines His grace
On me, a wretched, selfish one
And clouds flee from my face.

Life is sweet, o precious sweet
Each moment alive and strong
I feel my thrilling heart to beat
To the notes of my Maker's song.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:52 PM PST , Blogger Ammy said...

*Gasp* Pretty. Not sure what to say. I really like it!

 
At 10:14 AM PST , Blogger emily...♫ said...

Yeah, the other one was better. My poetry is kinda hit and miss. I write what comes into my head, and then I read if afterwards to see if it's any good. In my entire life, I've probably written hundreds of poems, but only a few are of any value.
Thanks, Ammy! I'm glad you like it! Do you write any poetry?

 
At 5:30 PM PST , Blogger Ammy said...

Yah if has ryms like cat bat.

 
At 5:32 PM PST , Blogger Ammy said...

My mom writes good poetry. I will send you one of her poems

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home