Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Doing Things

Yesterday I went on a hike with friends. That was actually surprisingly fun...since I am NOT a hiker in any sense of the word. I only had to stop and collapse on the ground, gasping pathetically, one time! And I only blacked out once too. hehe. Afterwards we went to a waterfall that Pres hadn't seen. That was booooring because it's just a waterfall, but then it got fun. Megan, Michelle, and I jumped in the back of Jeff's truck; we thought he might drive like a 40 feet and we'd jump out. But we all went for a little ride down the road. It was actually really relaxing to feel the breeze. Except for when I kept SLAMMING back into Megan when Jeff SLAMMED on the accelerator. Geez.
So then I went to Michelly's for a sleepover (surprise surprise). I prob won't go again soon because I think I'm becoming a nuisance to Mr. Parks. I have been over probably three or four times in the past two weeks. But the interesting part was that Lily decided to sleep over too! And she was cool. Greg, Ben, and Tara came over for the evening. We played Settlers of Catan and an interesting version of charades.
I finally got Muriel's story proofed and typed. So there's on thing off my back. But now I have another thing to replace it! (albeit a little prob) I left my camera at Michelle's house, so now I can't upload the pics from yesterday immediately. That seriously bugs me. I wanted to email everybody the bestest ones and give Uncle Don some nice group photos.
I am depressed about the way I look again. I have had sooooooo many people tell me I look 15. I seriously is bothering me. First Mrs. Potts said it. Then Michelle said it. Then Jordan said it. Then Mr. Parks said it. Then one of Jordan's friends--who I don't even know; I met him ONCE--said it!!! Makes me want to hide in a corner like the little girl everyone seems to think I am. Forgive my self-absorption; it's just that this is my biggest pet peeve these days.
Have you guys ever been to www.totallylookslike.com? Check it out; it's pretty funny.

Psalm 33. It's beautiful.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 3:18 PM PDT , Blogger Jeff said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:21 PM PDT , Blogger Jeff said...

Hope you didn't get bruised up too badly heh. I saw you fly back the first time I took off. Looked like fun, like a careless body floating through space! I like the use of "SLAMMED" too, very medium rare.

Forgive my rudeness if I am, but why is being 15 so bad? That's only two years younger. I personally don't think you look 15, but I'll end my comment there.

 
At 5:37 PM PDT , Blogger Janelle said...

When I was a senior in high school I had an underclassman ask me if I was a freshmen. It's pretty exciting. But hey, you should age pretty well!

I'm sorry you're feeling unhappy about the way you look. I empathize with you, though--I go through those phases as well.

 
At 12:59 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, it's only rwo years ☺.and think of it this way;when you're 100 you'll look 98.that's a plus...

 
At 9:29 PM PDT , Blogger Caleb said...

Hey isn't 15 better than 19?

 
At 12:07 PM PDT , Blogger emily...♫ said...

19? I don't get it. Do people think you're 19 or something?

 
At 8:35 PM PDT , Blogger Caleb said...

u r 17 now right? 15 is two years younger and 19 would be two years older.
I'm saying wouldn't you rather be thought of as a smart 15 year old that a 19 year old who isn't past high school.

 
At 4:45 PM PDT , Blogger TheCautionaryWhale said...

Caleb has a point. And totallylookslike.com is ~hilarious~.

 
At 2:21 PM PDT , Blogger Repzion said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:23 PM PDT , Blogger Repzion said...

I'd rather have people think me 12, however, I have people tell me I sound like a someone with a PhD..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home