Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rips in the Wings

Short post today.

I feel simultaneously secure, comfortable...and jittery, unsure. Not a good feeling. Don't even ask; it's one of those strange Emily schizophrenic moments that makes me want to hurt myself. I have been getting a little less confident about things lately. Everything from my walk with God to my likeability to my friendships to my looks to my family to--well I just have been having a lot of stupid doubts.

I'm reading the Randy Alcorn book Heaven. It was assigned to me by my mom, but I think I'm really going to enjoy it. He obviously can't possibly know all about heaven, but at least I know he truly searched the Word and has come to his conclusions with prayer and faithfulness.

Sometimes I guess we get caught up in living for God here (which is what we're supposed to do!) that we forget: every believer gets to spend all of ETERNITY worshiping God, loving Him, and communing with him--with all other believers from all time! What a gift the Lord has in store for us!

I did a computer test thingy--I entered my photo into a program to see what "celebrity" I look like. I did it with a few other girlfriends too. Michelle, Megan, and Danna. They ALL came out as looking like gorgeous, glamorous movie star ladies. I came out as Bill Gates. Typical. :'(

So I just got my ear pierced on the left side yesterday. Bishelly came with and we had fun. It looks pretty good too. Next one is possibly going to be a little hoop in the side of the ear. But I don't know yet. Maybe a little nose stud? When I get older, I'm almost definitely getting a tattoo on my ankle. None of these things have been okay'd by my parents...yet. They may change their minds yet. ;)

Mom and Lily did the first campout shopping today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that's 23 exclamation points) That's exciting!!!

I think I'll end every post with a verse reference. But I'll just do the reference (it'll make you guys look it up yourselves haha) So go read...James 1:2-7. idk I just really love everything in James.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

At 10:03 PM PDT , Blogger Jeff said...

That computer test thing you took must be completely DINGDOO, cuz you do not look like Bill Gates AT ALL. Most movie stars are ugly anyways - true fact. I remember feeling like that when I was 17, well, maybe not that same way but bluh. I can say, and I'm practically undoubtedly convinced, you have nothing to worry about with at least one of yer worries.

 
At 10:04 PM PDT , Blogger Jeff said...

Woops, fergot a comment:

Quit hiding behind yer camera!! :p

 
At 10:18 PM PDT , Blogger emily...♫ said...

Well actually...my mom and Mrs. Loynes and MEGAN (great bff) all agreed with the computer thingy. Sooooo w/e. But thanks anyways...

I hide behind my camera because I'm not supposed to put a full picture of myself on the internet. Like I said on Wednesday, SOMEBODY WILL RACK ALL OF OREGON UNTIL THEY FIND MEEEEE!!! haha fat chance

 
At 10:28 PM PDT , Blogger Jeff said...

Why would yer mom and friends slam you like that lol. They are wrong!! Boo.

That IS a fat chance. Almost as fat as me XD

 
At 8:31 AM PDT , Blogger Janelle said...

Please don't get a facial piercing! Most people eventually take them out anyways, and it leaves unattractive scars on your face. However, I'm all for ear piercings (I'd even offer to go with you--I know of a good place, and you don't want to get them done at the mall). Ha, but if I go, I'll be tempted to get another one, which I really don't need... it's like an addiction I have :-/

I disagree with the Bill Gates thing, too. So, now that's two against three--we're catching up!

 
At 6:02 PM PDT , Blogger emily...♫ said...

I tried photos of a few more friends and here's what the computer says:
Jeff, you look like Tre Cool.
Janelle, you look like Mariah Carey.
Drew looks like John Travolta.
Bryan looks like Keanu Reeves.

I tried some more of myself...I think it hates me. Several times I came out as Chester Bennington (lead singer of Linkin Park) and twice it didn't even recognize my face as a face lol!

 
At 6:19 PM PDT , Blogger Jeff said...

Awkward.

 
At 10:09 PM PDT , Blogger Janelle said...

"and twice it didn't even recognize my face as a face." I have to admit, that made me giggle a little bit :-/

But who cares what that thing says! I think you're beautiful! ... Not like in a creepy kind of way, but yeah, you get what I mean :-)

 
At 5:27 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl!!!
You were supposed to wait for me to get that ear piercing! remember?
Anyway, humph on you:) Hi from Iowa everybody! I can't be on here long so here's the download.
1. I love dirtbikes
2. I saw Craig Morgan sing live (he's a country star)
3. It feels nice out here when it's 94 degrees outside. No kidding the heat index in Tennesee( is that spelled right?) was 112!!!!!!! I was Lookin' rough.
Sorry this is so scatterbrained. I g2g. Bye!
~danna

 
At 5:27 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl!!!
You were supposed to wait for me to get that ear piercing! remember?
Anyway, humph on you:) Hi from Iowa everybody! I can't be on here long so here's the download.
1. I love dirtbikes
2. I saw Craig Morgan sing live (he's a country star)
3. It feels nice out here when it's 94 degrees outside. No kidding the heat index in Tennesee( is that spelled right?) was 112!!!!!!! I was Lookin' rough.
Sorry this is so scatterbrained. I g2g. Bye!
~danna

 
At 10:10 PM PDT , Blogger Caleb said...

Bill Gates eh? What a compliment. I think the guys who wrote that program new what they were doing :-)

I get those doubts too, but normally they go away when my caffeine level goes back down...

And when it comes to your picture in the avatar, it is not hard at all to track you down (you give enough information in your blog to create a rather impressive profile of you). No I think the issue lies more on someone seeing what you look like and giving them intensive to track you down.

So how many piercings does this equal? It seems last time I talked to you you were planning to get your ears pierced as well.
I would agree with skipping the piercings on the nose. I always think of bulls when I see people like that...

It will be nice to see you guys one last time at the campout. Maybe I'll be able to figure out who a lot of these people are on here (and they are probably thinking what sort of random hobo I am). It's hard to imagine it coming already, but it is August now!

As to the verses you put in here, you really should read all the way through verse 8. I love the book of James, but it has such harsh warnings. I wonder if anyone will ever be able to read it without feeling convicted.

 
At 4:27 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

bill gates?not a face?em, from what i can discern from behind your camera (post a real pic, dammit!), you're pretty.or at least, your nail polish and glasses are...as for piercings, nose sounds cool, if kind of conventional.a monroe, maybe?and don't hurt yourself, kay?☺

 
At 9:03 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol.I am betting that you don't look THAT much like bill gates.hahaha.and don't hurt yourself or freak out! looking at the amount of comments you get you are obviously quite loved,and of course there's the whole God loving you thing.=)

 
At 11:47 AM PDT , Blogger Repzion said...

I'd like to get 1 or 2 piercings on my ear actually. I think it would look awesome on me. Don't go nose pierce, go lip =D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home