Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Great Party

So yesterday we threw a surprise party for Michelle's birthday. Danna and I hid in her closet and jumped out and said, "Surprise! Happy Birthday!" (yes, I know, very original) And we had a great time. We went to Wilson River and went inner tubing down the rapids! I fell off and bruised my leg BIG time. That part wasn't so great.

Then we did manicures as we dried off on the rocks above the river. That part was my favorite haha. Then we got a pizza and went back to Shelly's house for dinner and ice cream. Then we called our parents and begged to spend the night; they said yes! So we slept on the trampoline (always fun) and I did some writing on there. Just junk that's been on my mind. Seriously, writing is the best way to figure out if you're being smart. Just write down what you've been thinking about, then look back on it, and if it seems whiny, pointless, or selfish, then adjust your mindset. But if it really reflects your true feelings, and you think that it's legitimate concerns or joys, then dwell on it and learn from it.

Danna asked Michelle how she's doing with God, and I was surprised at how honest Shelly was. She said that she believes with her brain all the stuff in the Bible, but it's hard for her to understand the relationship between sovereignty of God and man's accountability. She told us she doesn't think she's saved, but then she said that she's praying and seeking God over it that He would reveal Himself to her. So that really lifted my spirits!

The next day I woke up at 6:20, went back to sleep, woke up again at 7:00, wrote for a while, got up at 8:00, had a cup of tea, and finally kicked them all awake at 9:00 so I wouldn't be the only one up. They weren't so happy with me. But I was! So we went inside and made "waffles." I put that in parentheses because they were loaded with...oatmeal...and tasted kind of weird. But when we piled on whipped cream and strawberry sauce, they weren't so bad.

Then I looked out the window and saw Jordan reading the stuff I wrote. I have to be honest; my reaction was very bad. I ran outside, screaming at him, "PUT THAT DOWN! DON'T TOUCH MY STUFF! LEAVE MY WRITING ALONE!" and I snatched it out of his hand and stormed back in the house. Later I felt like an awful brat when he came in and apologized. So I said sorry...but I still felt like an idiot. We didn't really talk to each other for a couple hours. I can't believe I still act like a little drama queen sometimes; I'm seventeen years old and I want to grow up a little.

Then as I was starting to feel better, Michelle put in a video of Riverdance. Um. Yeah. Okay, so the first 10 minutes was really awesome. And the rocking out violinist (not even kidding, she was HEADBANGING) was crazy cool. But two hours of Irish tapdancing???? AAAAAAGGGHHHH I about went nuts.

Then Mrs. Parks took me home and took my mom to lunch. That's where they are now, and I'm just sitting here admiring my beautiful bruise from yesterday. Seriously, it's all purple and pink and cool. I like it. All in all, it was a really fun time just chilling with my homefries. I love church family.

So how's life with you guys?☺

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:39 PM PDT , Blogger Caleb said...

Just a side note since you are always correcting people on their grammar and spelling, "waffles" is in quotes, not parenthesis.

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Whenever I injure myself I never get any marks to show my battle wounds, so people normally don't believe me :-)

That's exactly why I don't write my thoughts down on paper. I know for sure they will be read by others, and I probably wouldn't stop at just yelling at them :D

In response to your question how life is, it's great! Cousins come to visit from San Diego in a few days and right now I'm just trying to keep caught up on my chores. My mom keeps hinting how I need to get a job...

Anyway, I already have most of my books for college in the fall, so I can just sit back and enjoy summer...

 
At 10:15 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Riverdance is amazing! The stuff Michael Flatly did after Riverdance still has some neat music, but the quality of the performance went way down (which makes me sad).

 
At 11:17 PM PDT , Blogger Jeff said...

Life's great! I hope yer bruise doesn't hurt, but as long as it looks cool then that's cool.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home