Thursday, September 04, 2008

Back in the drill...

So life's boringness has set back in. School started yesterday, which means I have a *shudders* bedtime every night except Fridays. So far my classes are going okay though. We'll see how things go in a couple weeks, when all the novelty of 12th grade work is gooooooone.
Bapa called today; I love my Bapa! He is so proud of me, it makes me feel guilty. I wish I was as good, smart, and unique a kid as he thinks I am. But it made me feel so good talking to him. Especially because I'm not really that close to much of my family (outside my church family).
So I'm supposed to start a "senior project" soon. I need ideas. What's something I can do that will teach me something, benefit other people, and still be a realistic goal? idk what my time limit is, but hopefully I'll have at least a semester.
Have you guys ever heard of Mindfreak? Criss Angel is AMAZING!!!! He's like the best magician ever. I sometimes don't even want to watch his tricks, because I'm sure he's seriously going to DIE. Today I watched him (on Youtube) get run over by a steamroller. I don't understand how he does this stuff, but that's part of the fun.
So Danna's party is on Saturday! Yay, my girl is 16. Can't even believe it. I had to laugh at Jeff's face on Wednesday when he heard she's only sixteen. Danna gets a lot of that. I remember when we first were "friends." I put that in quotes because we HATED each other, but would still play together all the time. We were both really headstrong children. And look at what an amazing, beautiful, mature young woman Jordanna has grown up to be. I hope I've grown up a little...hey, God's still working on me! Like Ryan said at his baptism, "I'm not a finished project."
I discovered a poet the other day, when I was just browsing around. Her name's Charlotte Mansfield. Her work is pretty diverse, but idk if it's good or not. I'm not the best judge of poetry. Here's her most recent one:

--Wasted--
An entire life of emptiness
Is no real life at all.

Feeling strong and thinking
That I'm walking oh, so tall.

When really I'm in shambles
And cannot even crawl.

Life does not begin
Until we see ourselves as small.


idk, I just thought it seemed sort of poignant or something....

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At 9:52 PM PDT , Blogger Jeff said...

I heckle school cuz it deserves it.

I wish I was closer to my church family. I think Danna has got to be older than 16 :p

Youtube has some cool stuff, you should check it out >.>

I can't tell if you've grown up much, Emily, cuz sadly I haven't known you long enough.. You've probly grown more than me *shrugs*.

 
At 9:59 PM PDT , Blogger emily...♫ said...

School is good! Whether it's miserable or not. Otherwise we'd all be stupid. XP
haha you commented on my video. good stuff, right? jk!
I have grown up some. I will say that. I've been saved for about four years, so naturally I've matured at least a little.
Hey, you've never told me your testimony. I just thought of that...

 
At 11:09 PM PDT , Blogger TheCautionaryWhale said...

Criss Angel is pretty cool. As for Charlotte Mansfield: damn, Emily, you have ~taste~. She's really good. Senior project, hmm? Like a community service thing, or a book, or an artwork or something?

 
At 1:15 AM PDT , Blogger Janelle said...

I'm 22 as of today... :-/

 
At 5:54 AM PDT , Blogger Jeff said...

Yup I like commenting the worth commenting.
That's great even if you've only matured a little. Maturing is definitely a good thing, and anyone who calls it otherwise is a nerfhead.
Hmm, I'll have to tell you it sometime. It's not way tear jerking, or a 200 page novel, but to me it's very dear.

 
At 6:10 AM PDT , Blogger Jeff said...

Guess what? I fergot something again: Yer right about school, cuz yer home schooled! But for me, I was public schooled so it actually made me stupider, oooh *slaps myself*.

 
At 4:19 PM PDT , Blogger Caleb said...

Haha I laugh at all of you guys. I don't have any school 'til the 22nd!!! I'm still enjoying summer break.

Emily you have matured. I have known you for what, five-six years, and every time I see you you are a lot more mature.

As for Danna's age, you don't know how often people refer to my sister as my Big Sister and think I am around 16... AAAGH!!!!

Happy Birthday Janelle!!! You know I wouldn't of given out your age. Now that you said you were 22 in 08, in 40 years we will black mail you when you refuse to give your age out :D

I think concern for your Spiritual growth and maturity is evidence enough that you are mature and are maturing. I have yet to meet any immature person (besides myself) who has any desire to become more mature.

I am so glad I don't have to do a senior project, what if you just searched "easy senior project ideas" on google ;-)

 
At 5:37 PM PDT , Blogger Repzion said...

Refer to her as "Big Sister" Ha, you got pwned! Lol. Though you do act 16 at times ;) So I wouldn't blame people for thinking that

 
At 10:59 PM PDT , Blogger Caleb said...

NO Dan, you are supposed to take my side!!!

 
At 5:01 PM PDT , Blogger emily...♫ said...

hehe. People thinking you're 16 isn't so bad...better than 15. But you knew I was going to say that right?

 
At 5:24 PM PDT , Blogger Jeff said...

Being treated like a 6 year old at the post office when yer 19 is worse I'd say.

Huh, whut, I don't get it.. *dies from sickness*

 
At 1:09 PM PDT , Blogger Caleb said...

Ok, to make this even worse, the other day when someone asked my mom how old I was the first thing that she said was that I was 16!!!!

The first thing from my very own MOTHER!!!!

 
At 1:52 PM PDT , Blogger Jeff said...

lol.. that's kinda sad..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home