Monday, September 01, 2008

Campout 2008

Learning about the glories of heaven.
Drawing close to God.
Drawing close to God's people, my real family.
Lying on the docks, having good conversations.
Eating marshalades and throwing them.
Seeing the Predmores.
Singing to the Lord in the kitchen.
Calling Melinda all kinds of weird names.
Hiking up an easy hike...that practically killed me.
Boating across the lake with amazingly cool people.
Eating my mom's world-famous food.
Helping my mom cook that world-famous food.
Playing "Down by the Banks" and not feeling stupid about it.
Being silly.
Being serious.
Looking at my future with fear and happiness.
Seeing Vengeance Creek.
Trying ping pong and not caring that I FAILED.
Watching a new sport be invented (Ultimate Ping Pong!!!)
Hugging people.
Learning to trust God more than ever.
Watching four precious saints be baptized in the lake.
Crying for joy with them.
Remembering and missing Grandpa Bob.
Laughing at the cheesy and marvelous slideshow.
Counting the times people said, "It's cold out here."
Wearing the dorky life jackets.
Being honest with people who care about me.
Learning new things about myself.
Wondering about other people.
Loving and being loved.

My heart is full and yearns for heaven. But while I'm here, it soars to be with the church family that I love more than words can say. ♥

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 10:03 PM PDT , Blogger Caleb said...

This was a great weekend!

I can see that you put seeing us right below eating marshmallows... Well at least it's nice to know where one stands.

Ultimate Ping Pong was so fun. I was talking to Aaron on the phone on the drive back and he didn't seem enthused, which means that the game is KILLER!

Besides the preaching I'd say the best part was watching Emily try to run down the hike and end up pulling on Lily's hair, than falling face first and doing somersaults down the hill at record speeds :D

Now there is only one more short year to go before the next campout :-)

 
At 11:15 PM PDT , Blogger emily...♫ said...

Thaaaaanks Caleb. You're a chum for posting my marvelous time on the hike. *grumble* ;)
I didn't put any of these in order! The only order is when they came to my head. Picky picky...haha

 
At 1:09 AM PDT , Blogger Jeff said...

3, 4, 9, 10, 15, 16, 19, 28, 29, 30, and 31 were especially cherishable.

 
At 10:57 PM PDT , Blogger Jeff said...

Campout was amazing!!!! When you got that call uh, on the way back, you shoulda catapulted the phone out of the car. Now if only you could get the phone back afterward...

 
At 9:59 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fun...Wish I had been there to see that falling incident, Emily. Seriously though...I really wanted to go. Too bad it didn't work out (in other words...mom and dad didn't want to go).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home