Thursday, August 28, 2008

Campout tomorrow!!!

Yes I'm excited. Could you tell??? ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺Today was a MAD scramble to finish shopping for campout food. We loaded up three carts FULL at the grocery store. Then we stuffed it all in our little Civic. Then we unloaded it all at home. Then we loaded it all into Uncle Don's truck. Then we drove to the church and unloaded it there. And TOMORROW we load it up again and drive it up to Clearlake. Whew! But I'm still smiling! 8D
So I thought your Jeff's friend Ben was going to come on Wednesday to church too? But I suppose I misheard. Too bad, he was a really funny fellow.
I watched a movie today called Funny Girl. It's a musical with Barbra Streisand and Omar Sharif. Really good stuff. I know Streisand is kind of a nasty old weirdo in real life, but she's a really good actress. And outstanding singer. She and Dianne Weist are probably my favorite actresses. (Dianne Weist was the Avon lady in Edward Scissorhands and the evil queen in The 10th Kingdom.)
I finished packing today; it's amazing how much stuff I feel like I have to bring to a four-day trip! And I even tried to pack light this time! But what can I say: girls will be girls.
Since I'm going into my senior year of high school, it seems like everybody everybody EVERYBODY is asking me what my plans for the future are. Ugh, I don't like being reminded! How am I supposed to decide what I want as a "career" or whatever, when my ultimate goal is to get married and have kids, just like God designed. But I don't even know if I'll get that far. I mean, of course I want that; every girl I know wants that. But I just don't know if it could work. It's a little weird for me.
So I guess I should start thinking about my future on a practical level. College and work and all that lovely stuff. XP Not so lovely when I start thinking seriously about it. What's my problem? Megan wants to be a dental hygienist, Danna wants to be a nurse, Robyn's a hairstylist, Marinda wants to go into landscaping, and me? I'm completely aimless!!! Well, working with books has always sounded promising. If I could find an interesting line of work there. But it's scary to me to do anything important or to make any important decisions. I need discipline, that's what I need.

I'll think about it again after this marvelous weekend. See y'alls (or most of y'alls) tomorrow!☺☺☺☺☺☺

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:50 PM PDT , Blogger TheCautionaryWhale said...

Have an unbelievable amount of fun at campout! Females aren't intended for packing 'light', anyway. It's just not natural. Haha. as for careers, go with your strengths. Personally, I think you'd make a good teacher or publisher, but what do I know? Stay-at-home-mum could be great, too. Maybe go with that. you could always do freelancing work for a magazine frfom home, if you needed an income...Good luck with whatever it is you decide to do!

 
At 1:19 AM PDT , Blogger Jeff said...

I'm gonna comment even tho you wont get it fer like twenty fitty days after camp.

I hear ya about being aimless. It's tuff when people ask ya about that and ya don't really have an answer and then it's awkward silence. I think being a stay at home mom is the best a woman could do. And that would also entail more dudes picking up their side of things and not being lazy. Man, I'm 20 and I wish I knew more girls who seriously, deep down - as in first goal - want to get married and not be worried about a career, it's almost frustrating to me at this point. The world gets to people after a while.. There's so much to talk or vent or explain about or whatever, it'd take like a billion years and I'd probly devolve into a fish by then :p jk. Anyway, just stick with something that interests you, cuz people say that's important.

*sigh* it seems like our church is somewhat encouraging about marriage, but then at the same time it seems the opposite. Hard for me to explain but marriage seems to scare most people. Maybe it's just the people I know.

Camp is gonna SLAM! Cmon grizzlies, dinner tiiiime!

 
At 8:31 PM PDT , Blogger Caleb said...

This was an AMAZING camp out! It was so nice to see all of you guys and meet people I haven't seen before such as Jeff.

Emily, I don't think you are along in not knowing what you want to do for a career.
And as for your getting married and having kids, do you seriously think you are going to grow up to be an old maid?

If you like books so much you can get small rectangular glasses and become a librarian. It's pretty easy, all you have to do is give a mad scowl to everyone who comes in :D

I know a while ago you said you wanted to get into interior design, whatever happened to that?

You still have plenty of time to think about what you want. If you don't know what you want to do after this year, you could always get an AA or something generic and decide after two more years.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home